Tuesday 24 May 2016

Olivier Rousteing X Nike Lab

Who else is excited about the Olivier Rousteing X NikeLab Collaboration? My obsession with sportswear has just got so much worse - I need this collection in my life!!

But why has NikeLab decided to team up with someone like Rousteing?
In a recent interview, Olivier Rousteing said that sport has always been part of his life. He started playing football at 10 and went to watch his first match at 14. At the match he was amazed by the team and how they pushed themselves. The aim of this collection is to integrate the iconic style of football into sport style.
Black and gold and the dominant colours, this is because they convey victory and black is a timeless colour. I like this combination because although the pieces plain, the gold adds luxury and adds subtle detail. The brand ambassadors of this collection are french footballers - Blaise Matuidi, a french midfielder and Laure Boullea, a french defender. Matuidi defined the collection as cool and classy and I think he is spot on. Below are my favourite pieces from the collection.

Rousteing's favourite piece from the collection is the jacket shown above on the far right. He got inspiration from soccer players and the jackets that they usually wear. The idea is that the jacket is versatile, ladies can wear this as a long jacket or zip it up and wear it as a dress. 
From the whole collection, the trainers above are the only ones that I would actually wear. I think the clothing is much stronger and will be more successful than the footwear. Rousteing never disappoints and I can't wait to see what else he has up his sleeve. 



Photo Credit - Google Images

SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig