Wednesday 11 May 2016

Style Feed - The world's top fashion blogs

Over the weekend, I went into Waterstones to buy some magazines and got completely sidetracked! I ended up looking at fashion and photography books. I came across a book called Style Feed - The World's Top Fashion Blogs and I found some bloggers that really inspired me. I feel like at the moment, there are lots of fashion bloggers and it is hard to stand out amongst everyone - especially with fashion. Whilst flicking through this book, I found three bloggers that were blogging about fashion but in an interesting way that is slightly different to the majority of bloggers out there at the moment!
Photo Credit - Google Images
The first one was Izzy Tucson who created The Dandy Project. I found his blog interesting because although he blogs about self-style, he also writes guides on how to create DIY clothing and focuses on the construction of clothing, commenting on the pattern, colour and texture. Personally, I find this much more informative than just seeing an outfit post and as an ex-textiles student, I appreciate how much work goes into making clothing. Another point of difference with Izzy Tucson is that he always includes accessories in his blogging and this is rare for a menswear blog. He embraces his passions and it is clear to see that his work has paid off as he frequently travels around the world with The Dandy Project.
Photo Credit - The Dandy Project by Hudson Shively
Advanced Style was the second blog that caught my attention. Although the website layout isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the majority of the blogs out there today, Advanced Style have an amazing concept. Ari Seth Cohen (the founder) roams around New York and is constantly on the look out for the older generation who are stylish creatives that maintain a passion for fashion. I absolutely love this concept because there are so many fashionable OAP's out there but when do we ever see them in magazines or newspapers? Cohen comments on why he finds the outfits inspiring, his experiences of meeting the people he photographs and how he is influenced by everyone he meets. Those of you who have followed my blog for a while would know how much I love Iris Apel and the women/men featured on Advanced Style are just as fashionable.
Photo Credit - The Wild Magazine
Leandra Medine, creator of Man Repeller was the third blog that I thought had a point of difference! On the blog, Leandra has put the definition of "Man Repeller" - 'she who outfits herself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex.' When I found out the definition, I wanted to know more about the blog. What I really liked was that this blog is lighthearted and contains humour - this is rare to find! I find this blog refreshing and current, Leandra has been very clever here and created her own language for her fans (see DICK-SHUN-ARY page) where she in able to connect with her consumers on a personal level. Out of all the bloggers, she is the most entertaining!
Photo Credit - Harpers Bazaar

So if you're looking for new bloggers to follow, I would recommend this book because it is full of a diverse range of creatives!


SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig