Monday 15 February 2016

New York - Jonathan Simkhai A/W 16

New York Fashion Week is always such an exciting time of year! This year, I was eager to see designs from Victoria Beckham, Yeezy and Opening Ceremony - yes, the stereotypical brands! However, I was very disappointed by all of their new collections and more impressed by the underrated designers, Jonathan Simkhai being one of them. When looking at catwalk shows I normally think that quite a lot of clothes are only made for the catwalk and they aren't very practical. Simkhai is a New York based womenswear designer, after finding him on WGSN, I went on to look at his previous collections and I fell in love with his style. A couple of his dresses reminded me of Self Portrait - another brand I absolutely LOVE!
When I came across Jonathan Simkhai's designs I instantly became a massive fan of his unique elegance. The three dresses above remind me of an ice/snow princess. The third design is my favourite, I love the high neck and the sheer fabric combined with the lace detail. All of his dresses have an interesting cut at the bottom, in the style of a godet.
My style is mostly dark clothing so personally I prefer these three outfits out of the six. As you can probably guess, I have two favourites, both of the black dresses - I can't help but love dark clothing with a high neck! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for Jonathan Simkhai in future fashion weeks.


Photo Credit - WGSN

SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig