Tuesday 9 February 2016

IT - Alexa Chung

From a fashion model to contributing editor at Vogue, Alexa Chung is living proof that you can earn a living from your passion. Alexa has always had such a unique style and she is always the person I look out for in magazines. Not because I love her style because I don't always love her choice of outfit, but I love seeing what she puts together and how she accessorises. She is very daring and wears what she loves no matter what.























Her latest book 'IT' was not what I expected at all! It starts with her talking about her love for horses, typical girly issues and make up tips etc. Each page reveals something new about Alexa. I assumed that this book would be fashion focused but it's actually a mini autobiography aimed at teens. As a teen myself, I found the book relatable, but as a fashion lover, I was gutted that there was't much information about her career in fashion. My favourite part of the book was where she discussed the birth of her personal style and the people that influenced her. She heavily borrowed her style from the stars of the silver screen such as Wednesday Adams in the Adams Family and Liv Tyler in Empire Records. She also referenced the book Lolita as her favourite book, i've heard of this before and now i'm even more intrigued to read it. The quotes in the book made me laugh because they were very blunt and controversial. Although the book was not what I expected, I'm a fan of Alexa Chung and now I feel like I know more about the Alexa behind the camera.


Photo Credit - Google Images

SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig