Friday 18 December 2015

Pleats Please - Issey Miyake

I could spend all day in Selfridges, it is one of my favourite places to visit when in Central London and I can guarantee that my day will end browsing around the high end/boutique floor! Although the clothes are mega expensive and looking around this area can be very depressing when you are a student, this always gives me extra drive to do well in life because when i'm older, I WILL be owning these clothes!! The brand that i immediately go to look at is "Self Portrait", this has been my favourite brand for a while (as you can see from my profile picture - I am wearing one of their dresses from last season!) but it becoming well known and i like discovering brands or collections that not many people have heard of. 

During my recent visit at Selfridges, my aim was to find something original and unique that I hadn't seen in every mass market shop because to be quite honest, i'm getting bored of the high street stores! Issey Miyake's style has always caught my attention but when I saw the current collection featured in Selfridges, "Pleats Please", I fell in love. This collection includes clothing that is made completely from pleats and although this sounds bit boring, the amount of work that has been put into making each garment is crazy! Each item looks so elegant and the fabrics are so luxurious. Below are a few of my favourite items from the collection:

Photo Credit - selfridges.com
Photo Credit - Chloe Ferdinand
After the discovery of "Pleats Please", I was on a mission to find a cheaper version of something similar to Issey Miyake's style. At first this seemed a difficult task because at the moment, a lot of stores are stocking up for party season so there are lots of beads and sequins around. But, with determination, I found a black pleated dress from the boutique section in Topshop similar to the items above!!
Dress - Topshop, Shoes - Zara

Don't feel like you always have to start with high street brands because thats within your budget, get some inspiration from other places and create your own designer outfit.

Designer clothing is not impossible to own,  just find an alternative... 
until you can afford the real thing!


SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig