Thursday 28 January 2016

Summative Brief - Task 3

For task 3 I had to suggest a new direction for snakeskin and communicate my big idea. My first idea was for the store window of Elisabeth Weinstock, a shop that uses exotic skin prints on their accessories. My idea was that as the display, a tree would be built made of snakeskin print and the branches would each have hooks on them, so bags can hang from the tree. My second idea was based on the Disney Store, I suggested that they created a jungle as a play area for both boys and girls. Inside the jungle would be a tree house with a slide attached, the slide would be in the shape of a snake and take inspiration from Kaa, the character from Jungle Book.
I decided to pick the Disney Store idea and made an illustration to demonstrate what I wanted it to look like:
To add to the jungle concept, I also said that there would be two members of staff controlling the area, one assigned to the top of the slide and the other assigned to the bottom. They would be dressed in plain clothes but both have scales painted on their faces to fit in with the snakeskin theme. The last member of staff would be dressed up as a Disney character where the children can get their photograph and parents can purchase the image on a keyring, mug or in a frame. Some of the proceeds would then go to the Kering Organisation who are in partnership with the Python Conservation - aiming to keep pythons safe.

When all my research and sketchbook was finished, I started my layout on InDesign for my final report of findings. When this was complete, I went to the printers and asked for saddle stitch binding and got to choose the weight of my paper. That's it... my first summative brief complete!!


Photo Credit - Chloe Ferdinand

SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig