Friday 23 October 2015

Creating colour palettes


Still unsure on what route I would like to take within the fashion industry, I thought it would be a good idea to find out more about each role. I discovered a book called  "The Fashion Careers Guidebook" by Julia Yates which was very useful and had a very detailed description of what each job entails. The trend forecasting description was really interesting, currently, I have been learning about trends and i have enjoyed this so far. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to go into fashion but is unsure on what type of job they actually want to do.

Colour has a massive role to play in predicting trends. Using Photoshop, I selected an image from Pinterest and created colour strips to match the image, picking out all the colours that I thought were interesting and dominant. I found this task really fun, I did not realise how many colours were actually featured in one image. Below are my favourite colour palettes that i created using the images:

The first colour strip is selection - the colours that I chose to be part of my colour strip in a random order. The second strip is relationship - the colours in order, the order that I thought looked the best visually. Lastly, the third strip is proportion - changing the sizes of the colours (the more the colour appears, the bigger the strip).

Photo Credit - Pinterest
SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig