Thursday 7 January 2016

The new face of Louis Vuitton

Last year, the biggest trend that I was aware of in magazines and ad campaigns was GENDER. My first blog post focused on genderless fashion, I found this very interesting because Fashion doesn't have to be for either men or women, even though it is classed in these categories. I like menswear as well as womenswear, and you cannot always tell what garments fit into what category, so why can't a man wear women's clothes? With many companies making their ads genderless to suit both men and women, there was some controversy because many believe that men wearing dresses or skirts shouldn't be encouraged. But, I think this is positive for the fashion world. Fashion is diverse and focuses on expressing yourself, so why can't this been shown in the way that clothing and brands are promoted? I was so excited to hear about the collaboration with Jaden Smith and Louis Vuitton!
Photo Credit - The Guardian
It has just been announced that Jaden Smith will be the new face of Louis Vuitton, he features in the new S/S16 Womenswear campaign (shown above). Jaden Smith is an artistic, creative teenager and he is known for his unique taste in clothing so from my point of view, he is a perfect choice for the Louis Vuitton campaign. Yes, he is male, but he is the perfect person to experiment with this new idea. Despite being the new face for the brand, I love how Louis Vuitton hasn't made Jaden the focus of the photograph. The composition of the image is interesting and all the clothing looks great with the brick wall background. I will be looking out for more shots of Jaden for Louis Vuitton.


SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig