Thursday 21 January 2016

Day 4 in NYC

Day 4 was the educational day! After our trip to Speedy's, we headed to the FIT museum (The Fashion Institute of Technology). We had been told about two exhibitions - Denim and Fairy Tales Fashion, I was really excited about the fairy tales one and intrigued about the Denim because I didn't know what to expect for this one. Firstly, my group went and looked at the Fairy Tales Fashion... which was STUNNING! I've been to a lot of exhibitions and this came pretty close to exhibitions such as Alexander McQueen and Isabella Blow. 
The exhibition highlighted that fashion within the different fairy tales offer a deeper meaning than just beautiful clothing. The clothing is often very symbolic to the character and their characteristics. These were a few of my favourite outfits, (well.. the majority of the exhibition as all the outfits were beautiful!) we couldn't photograph them with flash so some of the images are a little bit dark. I will also be doing a blog post later to show my two favourite outfits that were featured in the exhibition. The denim exhibition was very different to the fairy tales, it was focused more on the evolution and history of denim clothing. It was interesting to see how denim has been used in a variety of ways, but wasn't as visually appealing as the fairy tale exhibition which is what I prefer. 
As a little break from the museums, we went to a cupcake shop called Sprinkles where we found the best creation ever!! A cupcake ATM! You could order your cupcakes through an ATM machine which I thought was really cool. After the cupcakes we went to Central Park and finally, I got to do my favourite thing - ice skate!! The views from Central Park were crazy, the rink was surrounded by buildings and this HAS to be done when you are in NY.


Stay tuned for tomorrows post, a continuation of our adventure. Day 4 - Part 2 in NYC!


Photo Credit - Chloe Ferdinand
SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig