Sunday 24 January 2016

Visual merchandise in NY

Whilst wandering around the streets of New York, there is so much to look at, shops have to be very clever when thinking out their visual merchandise. I photographed 4 shop windows that caught my attention instantly for various reasons. The first window was very floral and vintage, the clash of prints and overuse of colour was very eye catching. I also really liked the layout of this window, it's playful and looks like a walk in wardrobe full of accessories. 
The second one was Opening Ceremony. Although this looks quite simple compared to the previous example, I loved how they had used the print of the bomber jacket and design dogs in this pattern. This is a good promotional technique because the first thing I noticed was the dogs and I really liked the pattern. Then, you are instantly drawn to the bomber with the identical print. The use of different stands for different heights is also effective because nothing is being blocked out. My third favourite window display was for Dolce and Gabbana, they went for a regal, luxurious look. The composition of outfits is minimal but works effectively because of the rest of the window. The red colour reminds me of the red carpet and the chairs remind me of royalty which both add to the regal theme.
Lastly, I was impressed by this shop window, all that is displayed are the mannequins wearing the latest collection. However, because of the pattern on the walls and floor, the window can get away with being simple because this is what you are drawn to. I think this window stood out because I LOVED the clothing that was on display, the metallic coat is so pretty. Although the shop looks bare, I think the brand have pulled of the minimalistic look very well!


Photo Credit - Chloe Ferdinand
SHARE:
© Much Love, Chlo | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig